Neil Rerup is the author of the book “Hands On Cybersecurity for Architects”, released August 3, 2018 by Packt Publishing. The book is now on the Amazon.com best seller list and is one of the pre-eminent books written about Security Architecture.
Things in the IT domain have undergone massive changes. There was a time when Cloud was referred to accumulation of vapors and bringing your own devices to work was like committing a crime. With evolving IT industry comes emerging security threats.
The main focus of the book is to make sure you successfully design and implement a complex security structure and ensure they function as expected. This book will start with the fundamentals of recent cybersecurity practices and give you a heads-up on acquiring and understanding your organisation’s requirements. Then, you will be taught how to plan and design robust security architecture along with practicals use cases on performing various security assessments. Next, you will learn to design and develop key requirements like firewalls, VPNs, WANs, digital certifications and so on. Later, this book will also teach you how to integrate upcoming security changes on BYOD, Cloud platforms, Connected devices (IoT) and more. Finally, you will learn to design frequent updates and upgrades for your systems as per your Enterprise’s needs.
By the end of this book, you will be able to architect robust security solutions for your infrastructure.
What You Will Learn:
- Get an overview of different layers in security architecture and how they are integrated along with the evolution of security architecture.
- Learn about various inputs into strategies followed by the development of the SWOT analysis, and organizations requirement to drive this strategy.
- Get a deep dive on real-world cyber-attacks that was targeted to the mail environment of an organization and then how to design and implement a secure mail service approach.
- Monitor the age and capacity of security tools and architecture along with growth projections and architecture strategy.
- Look at the trends with regards to security and what the security architect should be thinking about down the road.
Who this book is written for:
If you are a security, network or a system administrator interested in taking up high-level responsibilities like designing and implementing complex security structures and modules then, this book is for you. Basic understanding of network and computer security implementation can do wonder.
Style and approach:
A clear, concise, and straightforward book which will enable to develop, manage and secure architect solutions for your infrastructure.
|Chapter Sequence||Chapter Name|
|1||Security architecture history and overview|
|3||Reference Security Architecture|
|4||Cybersecurity Architecture Strategy|
|5||Programme / Strategy Level Work Artifacts|
|6||Security Architecture activities in a Waterfall Project Delivery|
|7||Security Architecture Artifacts in Project Delivery|
|8||The Architecture Design Document|
|9||Involvement with Operations|
|10||Practical Security Architecture Designs|
|12||The future of Security Architects|